Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the Air

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! We actually had a wonderful start to our day - Chris and Harrison surprised me with a card, a yellow rose, and a ginormous Hershey's Kiss (which Harrison reminded me "could" be for both of us). Then Chris and I surprised Harrison with a card, a stuffed dog holding a heart, and a "Message Bean" - you water it and when it grows, the bean has the words "I love you" on it. Finally, I surprised Chris with a card. It seems like Dad always get the short end of the Valentine's Day deal...at least in our house he does!

We then packed up and drove to Bloomington for the wedding of a dear friend of ours from Phoenix. Now, before you get confused, this is a friend we met while living in Phoenix that now lives in this area, too. It was a lovely wedding and a great reminder of how precious the gift of a spouse can be. The afternoon was quiet - until around 4:00 when Harrison had a basketball game. He had a great time, as usual and we all came home to have a home-cooked meal of steaks on the grill. We are now settling in to more quiet, which is just how we like it. I can't think of a better way to spend this day - surrounded by "my boys". I hope your Valentine's Day was just as special!

1 comment:

emsmommy said...

Nice to see some updates on your blog. Makes me feel like I know what you've been up to this winter since we never get together. Hope you see you Friday night!!!
Amy